King’s Lynn Golf Club was originally founded in 1923 and a decision was taken in 1975 to move the course to its present location. It was a great decision. The new land is ideal golfing country, well drained, heavily wooded and exceptionally pretty.
Some say King’s Lynn is one of the best inland courses in East Anglia. It was carved out of a wonderful north west Norfolk pine and silver birch forest and was created by dynamic duo Dave Thomas and Peter Alliss in the mid-1970s. It’s not the longest course, but the gently undulating heathland’s biggest defence is the towering stands of assorted timber overlooking all the fairways.
King’s Lynn Golf Club is just down the road from the Royal Sandringham Estate and this sandy, well-drained golf course compares favourably with some of the finest inland courses in the country. The golf club was founded in 1923 and moved to its current site in 1975, the layout being designed by Dave Thomas and Peter Alliss.